Dogs Cats Birds Fish Horses Reptiles & Amphibians Small Mammals Home

The Pet Travel Scheme ("PETS") is a scheme which allows animals to travel easily between member countries without undergoing quarantine. A Pet Passport is a document that officially records information related to a specific animal, as part of that procedure.

Travelling with a cat or dog is now much easier with the new EU pet passport available from any vet. All cats and dogs must have a passport containing details of a valid rabies vaccination. Click here for more information and check with your vetinarion before you go.

You must use the new EU form 998 Veterinary Certificate when traveling with your pet to any of the Countries of the European Union. You may order these certificates online for $5.00 per country. Most countries including those of the European Union now have a veterinary certificate that is specific to their country.

Information & Requirements

The certificate should be issued by your pet as near to the date of travel as possible but never more than 14 days before travel.

The certificate should indicate the following:
Name of pet
Age of Pet
Country Of Origin
Name/address/phone number of the Owner of Pet

The certificate should state that:
The pet is healthy and free of parasites.

The certificate should show the inoculations the pet has been given.
The rabies shot must be given at least 30 days before travel
and not more than 12 months before travel.

Microchip Your Pet

Each state has an APHIS/USDA state veterinarian. Web site that lists state:

Pet Proof Your Home Choosing a Veterinarian Pet Gifts
Housebreaking Pets Protecting Furniture Pet Portraits
Pet Products Pet Health Insurance Pet Passport
Renters Rights Being A Good Neighbor Pet Therapist
Famous Pets Choosing A Pet Groomer Pet Funerals
Pet Costumes Animals Alone At Home Allergies to Pets
Finding Lost Pets Pet Identification Kidnaped Pets
Helping In A Disaster Pet Friendly Hotels Boarding Kennels
Pet Shows Virtual Pet Shows Home Page
Tell A Friend About
Advertising Information Copyright Information Contact Us